Sometimes you need something on plan that is easy and quick to cook. If that dish includes loads of speed foods, then it’s even better. When you can cook it all in one pot, then it’s very nearly perfect!
Although I have given all the ingredients that I used, you could swap, add and omit as desired. Almost any vegetables would work well, but this was a good mix that I would repeat in the future.
If you wanted to save even more time, frozen prepared vegetables work very well, but you would need to add less water as frozen vegetables are very wet when they thaw.
The best thing about this dish is that as you cook in only one pot, there is minimal washing up.
- 1/2 punnet button mushrooms, chopped
- One red pepper, sliced
- One onion, diced
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- 1/2 courgette, grated
- One carrot, grated
- One handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- One can tinned tomatoes
- Two cloves garlic
- One herb stockpot
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- Four portions spaghetti
- Hot water
- Salt, Pepper and Sweetener to taste.
- After preparing all of your vegetables, add them to a large pan sprayed with minimal fry light and allow them to start cooking.
- After a couple of minutes, add the remaining ingredients, adding water a little at a time as required to ensure the pasta cooks properly.
- Once the pasta is cooked, and the sauce has thickened, add sweetener, and season to taste.
- Serve with Garlic bread thins.
What speed foods would you throw in here? How do you make sure you get all your 1/3 speed foods? What’s your favourite quick and easy meal? Let me know in the comments below.