Credit for this, the yummiest of spicy tomato soups goes to Bilsat over at minimins.com who lost close to 7st through slimming world and shares all his amazing recipes for success! After adding a couple of ingredients myself, I just can’t make enough of this speed packed soup! Perfect for days when you want something light but satisfying, or something to warm you up!
You can always use more or less chilli’s to heat or cool the soup down. It also freezes well, but be aware; the soup gets spicier after being frozen!
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 peppers, chopped
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 4-5 Peppadew piquante peppers, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1-2 chilli’s, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, pepper and sweetener to season.
- Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent.
- Cut up the carrot, peppers, peppadew peppers and celery into small pieces and add to the pan, then add the vegetable stock, garlic and chilli if required, and mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.
- Add the tomatoes to the stock and cook for a few minutes before adding a few drops of Worcester sauce.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid.
- Add seasoning and sweetener to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.
What’s your favourite type of soup? Do you enjoy a bit of a kick to your tomato soup? Let me know in the comments below!